Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

UO Patch Message Window Auto Blank in 2D Client for 2 days now

- - - - - 2d auto blank client days message patch uo window

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
source UO U.Hall

Greetings,

Ever after the "supposedly" change in the Auto Patch Log-in Message Window in The 2D Client to the more KR/New Design style,
all I get is this upon Log-In with the 2D Client.

Posted Image

It shows up in the KR Client UO Auto Patch Message Window, but The 2D Client has been like this since yesterday.

I do get into the game and get pacthes etc, just not the things showing up in the window during that first stage of the log-in.

I read another thread about people complaining about the Log-In screen getting changed.

Does anyone see that in 2D or is that just in KR ???

Edit: Just checked both 2D Client and KR Clients files vercfg.cfg and here is their difference.
2D:
patch\
compassion.owo.com 8888
40% 80%

patch.uo.com/cgi-bin/patchmsg.pl

KR:
patch\
compassion.owo.com 8900
40% 80%

patch.uo.com/cgi-bin/patchmsg.pl

KR:
patch\
compassion.owo.com 8900
40% 80%

www.uo.com/uokrpatchlaunch41807/patcher.html

Maybe they should be different, but I'm wondering if the difference in links to that patch message could be the reason ??? Although I guess they should be somewhat different since there are different patches needing different patch messages I guess for the different Clients, or not ???

Also if that link to the patch message should have been changed in the 2D Client with the latest patch or change, how come mine did not ??? Everything else seems to work.

What You other people have in those 2 files ??? They can be opened with "Notepad".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think its just you!

Cause no matter which client I log in with, I get to new Patch screen

Its black with I think silver/white lettering (at least thats how I interpret the colors, sorry I am colorblind). Its made it very hard to read for me.

I really hope you not having the same problem i did...
I had the blank screen last patch, but i couldent patch of start the game,
I like to think of myself as semi-conputer literate, but i couldent figure it.
after an hour of tech support, i had to reinstall (probably cause off the 5tons of spyware on my comp) but what a crappy experience, glad im good to go now.

I can still log-in and play with both Clients. KR Gives me that Black Screen with UO Logo at top etc. It's just the 2D Client that has a White Auto Patch Window, after I click the Ok Button after getting Patch Session Completed I still get in to the acctual Log-In Window and can type in my Account and Password and play.

Just weird that the white screen started yesterday at the same time that I read that there was supposed to be a new Patch Window. Well at least in Kr there is, so I can log in with Kr just to read Patch Messages, then shut it down and log-in with the 2D Client I guess.

Still I think it's strange and would like it fixed. Had no problem with the old Patch Window. Very Strange. Also if there will be future different patches for either Client I can't have it like this. Sure UO Herald Posts all Patches but it's not supposed to be like this.

For the moment, the 2D patch message has a redirect on it that should be pointing to the KR launcher page. Try clearing your IE cache - that might help.

E. Jeremy Dalberg
UO Community Coordinator
EA Mythic

Greetings,

For the moment, the 2D patch message has a redirect on it that should be pointing to the KR launcher page. Try clearing your IE cache - that might help.

Nope it did NOT help. However I think I'm starting to pin point the problem.

You see my language version of Windows and IExplore is NOT US.

The patch link that obviously the patchmsg searches for is

http://patch.uo.com/...ge version here
(I rather not give out the countryI live in in public here)

And that is White/Blank. It Automatically creates that default patch file in my Browsers Cache when I try to log-in to UO The 2D Client

However if i manually in IExplore fill in the link
http://patch.uo.com/...bin/patchmsg.pl

Thus leaving out the language version I get re-directed and find the patch message in my browser.

So it seems You have forgotten somehow to code in to redirect the different language versions of Windows or IExplore. Hope this helps You to fix the problem.

Ahhh, ok. That is something we may not be able to hack together before we actually patch out the change, but I will go check.

I have PM'ed You with my language version, so You can try out the link that don't work/is blank, but I think this might affect all language versions other than the US default. Just my guess.

Hope I have been of some assistance in solving this problem !!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2d, auto, blank, client, days, message, patch, uo, window