Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Guys Calm Down, It is Just Beta

- - - - - beta calm guys

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts

OMG! I actually cannot wait for Warhammer Online, And TBH it won't need that good PC Specs. But it#s gonna shoot all over MMO's out of the water. Apart from one that you didn't mention:

DARKFALL ONLINE

How could you forget to mention this? Every role player's DREAM! *Drool*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your are going to need better specs than the average uo player has, but thats just my opinion.

And why did I not mention Darkfall? Because if you read my post, I was talking about EA only and what I think their plan is now (roughly) to provide online services/games for every type of online player (social,causal,hardcore).

Personally I think Darkfall is just vaperware. I do not know anyone who is in the beta, and is been coming for a long time. If it actually releases I might look at it.

Warhammer yeah I was pumped up when I if read about it a few years ago. Hell I even liked what the other company was doing before they(Games Workshop) cnacelled it and gave it the Mythic. Now I am kind of leery about getting another EAMythic product. I have been burned to many times with the lack of services and other problems with UO. But I still enjoy the game so I put up with all their bs.

I am going to have to think long and hard about picking it up. Even though I am somewhat crazed about warhammer. Been playing warhammer since 92.

Although if EAMythic offered a xobox live or sony station type package to play UO, DAoC and Warhammer, depending on the price, I most likely would go for it.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Kaisa

Kaisa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Yeah it is extremely disappointing to see UOKR go live in the state it is in. It needed AT LEAST another month before it was at an exceptable release state. I dont really blame the devs though likely it was the higher ups that forced them to do this. And sadly I bet the rushing is likely to continue, so SA will likely be released bug ridden and imcomplete as well now. :(

bendavho

bendavho

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
As is, I will keep up with the patches for KR but as of now 2D is my client of choice and looks like it will be for a long time :(
Posted Image

Emmortal

Emmortal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
Back to the topic at hand. I really think the KR client has tons of potential and is definitely not as buggy as some make it out to be. There are bugs but the client is very playable in its current state and with a couple more patches should be good to go. I don't think it was ready to come out of beta but really it's not too far off, especially considering the amount of bugs and artwork they took care of in what, the last week and a half?

The biggest problem that I have is performance when there's a number of people on screen. When I'm running around the Luna bank and doing some shopping it becomes quite choppy and I have a pretty high-performance gaming rig (C2D at 3GHz, 2Gb high performance ram, 8800GTS). I don't know how they expect the average UO player to be able to operate in those situations with that client. Now it's really only in that area that I get any graphics lag but that's an area that you really can't avoid.

Keep in mind that I'm looking at this from the viewpoint of someone recently coming back to the game after a long hiatus. I played from release until about a year after the trammel/felucca split and just came back full-time recently and jumped right into the KR client.
  • Stolencheese likes this

Stolencheese

Stolencheese

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your are going to need better specs than the average uo player has, but thats just my opinion.

And why did I not mention Darkfall? Because if you read my post, I was talking about EA only and what I think their plan is now (roughly) to provide online services/games for every type of online player (social,causal,hardcore).

Personally I think Darkfall is just vaperware. I do not know anyone who is in the beta, and is been coming for a long time. If it actually releases I might look at it.

Warhammer yeah I was pumped up when I if read about it a few years ago. Hell I even liked what the other company was doing before they(Games Workshop) cnacelled it and gave it the Mythic. Now I am kind of leery about getting another EAMythic product. I have been burned to many times with the lack of services and other problems with UO. But I still enjoy the game so I put up with all their bs.

I am going to have to think long and hard about picking it up. Even though I am somewhat crazed about warhammer. Been playing warhammer since 92.

Although if EAMythic offered a xobox live or sony station type package to play UO, DAoC and Warhammer, depending on the price, I most likely would go for it.

For one, I never knew Warhammer was being done by EA.. Sorry! ;)

Warhammer Online will be win, I LOVE the producer. If only the people at UO could be as fun as the people working at Warhammer. Instead of sitting around like old farts and going, Now how can we steal more of their money?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Stolencheese

Stolencheese

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

C2D at 3GHz, 2Gb high performance ram, 8800GTS

How's the 8800 doing for ya? I was gonna save up so some money and build myself a custom gaming rig, Was planning on getting the 8800 GTS, GTX is out of my price range, heh.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Emmortal

Emmortal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
LOVING it. I went from a 6800GT to this and it's been great. Only game that really slows it down is FEAR and that's with everything maxed out. The drivers still need some polish but otherwise I have no complaints.

Plus it overclocks well with stock cooling.

Danny Ocean

Danny Ocean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
The 8800 GTX PWNS, it really might be the reason I like KR more than 80-90% of the people here.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: beta, calm, guys